Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some sad news, some good news

Yet another week went by. I have some good news and some sad news to deliver this week. Let's start with the sad news. With too many things going on, Julia sadly decided that working on the stole would just be too much for her. It is indeed not easy with a baby in the coming. But I do hope she would be able to pick up the project again ... no matter when. :)

Then, Janina has not been feeling too well, so not much knitting was done. Besides, the poor soul is still waiting for her Zephyr to arrive! Let's all send some good karma her way!

Now, some exciting news. Quite a few of us have made some progress. But before we get to that, I'd like to introduce Colette's new blog to you. It is still very new, but she has already put up photos of some of her beautiful knits ... wonderful projects indeed. Besides, she is now halfway through Tier 10:

Alison has been very excited about her first toe-up sock. I love knitting socks toe-up too, BTW. She has not ignored her FPS, though:

Anne M has been out of town for a week and has just returned. She is now ready to start on Tier 5. Photo will come when she gets more done.

Beth found it very hard to concentrate on the lace knitting when 2 little kids and one big kid were always around trying to talk to her! So her progress has been slow:
She is still having problem with the matching number of stitches. One tip from my experience, Beth, is that I always count that there are 20 live stitches to be matched before starting a new rectangle. I hope this help.

Dawn thought that she would be lucky if she could get a tier or two done in a week:
But as you can see, she has already completed Tier 3! As you get more done, you will also be more and more familiar with the lace patterns ... and you will get faster too!

Dorothy is now at Tier 6:

Finally, Heather was extremely excited over completing Tier 2, despite interferences from innocent cats and kids:
I think her multi-coloured yarn knitted up surprisingly well. Way to go, Heather.

Ooops, I almost forgot to add in my progress:
I managed to finish Tier 10 over the weekend. I am now at the stage when I can remember the 3 lace patterns by heart ... so things are going well ... and yes, I still have all the selvedge edges on the wrong side! :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so itching to get back to my stole! But first I must complete the two baby blankets. I haven't even started the second one. It's so sad. but it'll get there. Good thing this is a long-term project.

Debi said...

All your stoles look amazing ladies, I'm so impressed...and I love looking at all the different colors!

BTW, I'm knitting toe up socks right now too and for me, they seem to go much slower - maybe because it's not what I'm used to!
I have used the tubular bind off for the first time tho, and I LOVE it!

regiknits said...

Hi, I'm Regina. I'm new to the KAL. I haven't yet received my pattern or yarn, but I am chomping at the bit. All of your stoles are coming along so beautifully. I'm practicing knitting backwards, and so far, I hate it. I'm sure one tier of turning my work will put things into perspective.

Meg said...

I'm so happy to hear confirmation that as you do more tiers, the lace gets more memorizable. I'm slowly chugging along on tier 2, here's hoping I have something to report to Debi come Thursday!

Debi said...

Hi Regina, Welcome!
Honestly, I don't think any of us are knitting backwards so don't stress! The lace "units" go pretty quickly and I don't think any of us have found it annoying enough to deal with backwards knitting tension issues....do you concur ladies?

Colette said...

Hi Everyone,

It's nice to see everyone's progress. Thanks Agnes for introducing my blog.

I've tried knitting backwards and it just doesn't work for me. I agree with Debi. For me it's no where near annoying enough to deal with knitting backwards.

Anonymous said...

Wow, ladies, those are looking gorgeous!!!! Maybe some day I'll decide to make mine. Just wasn't feeling the love at this time. But looking at your progress sure is inspiring. Keep up the good work.