Monday, January 08, 2007

I have swatched too!

I finally wound my ginormous hank of yarn this weekend! It took me 90 minutes with a ballwinder and swift...whew!! But it was all worth it cause I love my swatch sooo much!! Here it is...


The color on my monitor is a little bright but the varigation is exactly what I wanted for my FPS! I'm so happy!!

I used #3 (3.25 mm) DPNs. I swatched with both a Crystal Palace Bamboo and a Bryspun and I like them both equally. I'll make a final decision closer to Feb. 1.

I washed and blocked my swatch and I'm thrilled with the fabric and how open the lace is.

I can't wait to get started!!

Has anyone else been swatching yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The swatch looks lovely! I was thinking of solid colours but seeing your swatch Debi I think subtle colour changes will work too. You have opened up the colour choices, thanks.

Agnes said...

Your yarn is lovely! Your stole should be a gorgeous ones!
We have 24 of us now! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of joining as this shawl is so gorgeous. Can you please post how many yards of laceweight yarn this pattern calls for? Thanks!