Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Forest Path Stole Stats

Hi everyone! I hope y'all are getting excited as February 1 draws nearer!

For those of you that are waiting for your patterns to arrive or have an interest in joining but are still a bit on the fence, I thought I would post the stats. This way our participants can be looking for yarn in their stashes or LYS while waiting on the pattern!

According to IK:

Finished size: about 30 inches wide and 85 inches long after blocking

Yarn: 2625 yards of laceweight yarn - a smaller 71 inch long stole can be made with 1750 yards of laceweight yarn

Needles: Size 3 (3.25 mm) 24 inch circular needle and a set of size 3 (3.25 mm) DPNs (you will be using the DPNs to do most of the knitting on this stole as you will use 2 DPNs to knit each "block")

Gauge: 19 sts and 24 rows = 4 inches (10 cm) in seed stitch, blocked (but for me, the one of the nicest thing about knitting stoles/shawls is who really cares about gauge? hee!)

Notions: stitch markers, stitch holders, blunt tipped embroidery needle, blocking wires or nylon cord for blocking

So there you have the particulars everyone, hope this helps!

2 comments:

Denise/CT said...

Is 2/18, 1/14 (or a 2/28) a lace weight yarn? I keep reading different things and I'm not good at this math conversion stuff. I want to order the right yarn weight so that I get the light delicate look of the original stole but I want to knit it in cashmere yarn. Thanks for the help

Debi said...

I have no idea Denise...I don't know if anyone else here can help you but have you asked the vendor who you're buying the yarn from to help you? I'm sure if you tell them you're looking for "standard" laceweight they can help you choose the right yarn!